Born 1967. He studied script-writing at the Prague Film School, FAMU 1986-1991.
Between June 1990 and March 1991 he worked as a script editor at the Barrandov Film Studios. Between 1990 and 1996 four of his original television screenplays were produced by the Czech Television.
– Mňága-Happy End (1996), (writer, director) – feature directorial debut.
– Buttoners (1997), (writer, director) – a major Czech cult film of the decade, winning many awards, e.g.: 4 “Czech Lions” 1997 (Czech Film Academy Awards), Tiger Award 1998 at Rotterdam Film Festival (Best Feature Film. Released in cinemas in England, France, Holland and Poland.
– Loners (2000), (writer) – No. 1 box office hit in the Chech Republic of 2000, won several audience awards (e.g.Thessaloniki Film Festival).
– Powers (2000) – a short fiction film from the Erotic Tales series.
– Year Of The Devil (2002) – (writer and director) – awards (among others): Crystal Globe KVIFF (main prize, Karlovy Vary Film Festival), 6 “Czech Lions”.
– Wrong Side Up (2005) (writer, director, based on his play) – released in cinemas in Slovakia, Poland and Russia.
– Tales Of Common Insanity (an original play) -2001(written and directed for Dejvicke Theatre, Prague). Translated into English, Russian, Polish, Serbian, Hungarian, German, French, Spanish. Currently running at Dejvicke theatre, in about 4 theatres in Poland, also in Germany and Slovakia. Radok Prize for the best original play, 2001.
– Train Departures (a play based on Michael Frayn´s short “Chinamen”) 2004. A play for Slovak theatre Astorka. Currently playing also at Teatr Na Woli in Warsaw.
– Teremin (an original play) 2005 (directed and first shown in Dejvicke Theatre). Translated into English, Russian, Polish, German.