„Everyone wants to change the world whenever they make the effort to do something. I don’t think I ever believed the world could be changed in the literal sense of the phrase. I thought the world could be described.”
(Krzysztof Kieślowski, from an interview with Stanisław Zawiśliński)
The opening stationary session, October, in Poland:
- General assembly: all participants and Creative Advisors will present their expectations towards the program
- One-on-one meetings with each Creative Advisor.
- Guest lecture: how to write a script that crosses cultural boundaries
- Case study lectures;
- Film screenings with script analysis by Creative Advisors
- Informal meetings
- Leisure time! Great food, spa, nature – relax and unwind – or watch some films in the library.
- Final meeting – all participants and Creative Advisors sum up the session and set up a work plan for the remaining rewrites.
Online session October-December:
You’ll be rewriting of the script with the support (through the ScripTeast online communicator) of one chosen Creative Advisor and the Heads of Studies. Also, getting the logline and synopsis ready for Berlinale.
At the end of the session, you will submit the new draft of the script.
Berlinale stationary session, February:
- One-on-one meetings with Heads of Studies to discuss the new draft and the rewrites to come.
- Group meeting – Heads of Studies sum up the progress made by all projects.
- Screenings and sessions of the Berlinale IFF (you are accredited)
- Educational sessions of the Berlinale Talents
- Visiting your national stand at the Berlinale Market, get the lay of the land of the industry part of the festival
- Goody-bye drink
Follow up online session, February-April:
You’ll be writing the final draft of your screenplay, getting it (as well as new synopsis and logline) ready for Cannes! You will work with the support of one of the Heads of Studies.
Final draft to be submitted at the beginning of April.
Cannes stationary session, May:
- Bonjour Cannes! Projections at the Cannes IFF (again, you are accredited);
- Pitching training session;
- Pitching and meetings with producers and distributors, partners of the program;
- Award Ceremony for the Krzysztof Kieślowski ScripTeast Award for the Best Eastern and Central European Script.