11 feature film projects selected for 14th edition of ScripTeast
11 projects from 8 countries have been selected for a yearlong program ScripTeast for best projects from Central and Eastern Europe scriptwriters who will be able to develop their fiction feature film projects under the guidance of world-renowned industry professionals.
An immersive, 7 days long, first session of individual meetings with international screenwriters, directors and producers will inaugurate this year edition of the program. The session will be followed by online consultations and evaluation sessions at film festivals in Berlin (February 2020) and Cannes (May 2020). The Cannes International Film Festival will also feature the Krzysztof Kieślowski ScripTeast Award.
- Dyad – Yana Titova, Bulgaria
- Furious Beauty – Eliska Kovarikova, Štěpán Altrichter / Czech Republic
- Jimmy L. – Pavo Marinković / Croatia
- Lovable – Stanislavs Tokalovs, Waldemar Kalinovski / Latvia
- Me and My Brother – Maciej Sobieszczański, Grzegorz Puda / Poland
- Muteness – Jacek Piotr Bławut / Poland
- Orunia 4ever – Elżbieta Benkowska / Poland
- The Fortress and the Dervish – Vlastimir Sudar / Serbia
- The Lost Son – Darko Štante / Slovenia
- The Son of the Cigan’ – Gergely Fonyo / Hungary
- Windless – Teodora Markova, Pavel G. Vesnakov, Georgi Ivanov, Nevena Kertova / Bulgaria
“We received again a great number of applications for this year’s program. It was a very difficult decision to make, choosing finalists, from numerous very high quality projects with spectrum of film genres and interesting subjects. ScripTeast is to help scriptwriters from Eastern Europe in their work, and we feel honored that so many of authors have considered our initiative useful. I look so much forward to welcome writers from Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Latvia, Poland, Serbia, Slovenia and Hungary for the first session in Poland”, comments Violetta Kamińska, Managing Director of ScripTeast.
ScripTeast is one of the most effective European training schemes, with 42 feature films produced that have been developed on the course thus far, together with 9 more that are currently in production. In total, 209 screenwriters representing 17 countries working on 149 projects have participated.
ScripTeast is organized by Independent Film Foundation, co-funded by Creative Europe – MEDIA Sub-Programme of the EU, Polish Film Institute, The Ministry of Culture and National Heritage – Fund for the Promotion of Culture, Apple Film Production, in co-operation with the European Film Academy, Producers Network, European Producers Club, Transatlantic Partners, Filmarket Hub, ACE – Atelier du Cinema Europeen and Film New Europe.